pregnancy

Friday, May 28, 2010

Pinky wiggle...

When I was younger I played soccer and I was a total drama queen. (Now that I'm older, I play volleyball and I'm totally level headed)
When I would get fouled I would make a huge spectacle of it, flail my arms, scream and then fall to the ground and not move a muscle. Not a single muscle. It always worked. I got the call every time and I got a few minutes to rest and catch my breath. Most of the time, I was not injured or at least not injured badly but that didn't matter. The not moving part was the crucial element.
One day after a game my mom said, "Catron, the next time that you pull a Pele and fall down, just do me one little favor. Move something, an arm, your hand, wiggle your fingers, wiggle you PINKY finger even. Just move something so that I know that you aren't dead!! Is that a deal?"

So, here I am, wiggling my pinky so that you will know that I am still around.

P.S. I just realized that I'm not 100% sure whether pinky is spelled "pinkie" or "pinky" - FYI, Wikipedia says that it is "pinky" in American English and "pinkie" in Scottish English.

I am going to do my best to get back up to speed on here. If for no other reason that to document the rock star that is my son.

I hope you all have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend.