pregnancy

Friday, June 26, 2009

34 Weeks!!

Can you believe it?? We had an appointment yesterday and the doctor had to check things out a little closer since I have been having some pretty uncomfortable Braxton Hicks contractions. I'm happy to report that everything is fine though and Crumb is still hanging tough. The only scary part was when the doctor said, "Just get through these next 2 weeks and then he can just come right on out." Um, excuse me, did you say 2 weeks?? Granted that would be at the very early side of things but wha??? We are 6 weeks from his due date... I could be prepared for a 38 or 39 week delivery... that would give me 4-5 weeks... I could maybe handle 3 weeks which would put us at the 37 mark... but 2 weeks?? I have so much to do! :) We are getting silly excited about meeting this little guy though!

I'll give you a quick run down of the stats this week:
How far: 34 weeks and 1 day
Weight gain: I'm around 35-37 lbs
Baby weight: 5 lbs!! That's a whole bag of sugar!!
Stretch marks: Still none ::practically breaks desk in half while knocking on wood::
Sleep: I actually slept through most of the night last night (only 1 trip to the bathroom) and I have felt so great today!!
Best moment this week: We had our first shower last Sunday and it was wonderful!! Oh, and my full night of sleep!
Movement: I feel like an overstuffed washing machine!! I love it!
Cravings: Food
Labor signs: Just the Braxton Hicks contractions getting stronger - had a few more "new" feelings but the doc said they were all normal and nothing to worry about. Way to go buddy - you just keep cooking for a few more weeks (3 at least.. for your mamma)
Breakdowns: ummm, I don't think I've had any... I could be delusional though
Belly Button: Oh sweet button... I hope one day you will go back to normal. Thanks for making me giggle in the meantime... because when I giggle you push out even more which just makes me giggle harder. You are truly a joy.
What I miss: Nothing. I am really loving this pregnancy right now.
What Wyatt misses: normal hugs - Crumb sort of gets in the way right now!
Looking forward to: A 4 day work week next week!
Milestones: I had my first true nesting experience last night. This included an overwhelming need to pull all of our dishes out of the cabinets and completely rearrange the kitchen. Did I mention that I started this project around 10:30pm?? I could not stop! Poor Wyatt had to go on an Easter Egg Hunt when he got home just to get a glass of water.
Here we are at 34 weeks:

No comments: