pregnancy

Thursday, June 4, 2009

31 Weeks!!

Wow!! We are in the single digits week-wise... only 9 weeks to go if Crumb decides to arrive on time. I cannot believe how fast time is flying! Things are going great so we'll just jump right into the good stuff...
How far: 31 weeks
Weight gain: a lot! :( I'm not sure what the exact number is but I feel like it's around 150,000,000 pounds...
Baby weight: 3 1/2 pounds!!
Stretch Marks: We are still stretch mark free ::knocks on wood, then knocks again::
Sleep: It is still a struggle but I'm managing. It's good practice for when Crumb gets here... or so I keep hearing.
Best moments this week: Seeing Crumb's heel stick out right below my rib cage. Crumb kicking Wyatt when he tried to kiss my belly. Seeing Ashley, Shawn, and JWall. My surprise visit from Kaylor. Visiting with Dr. Deibel, my good friend who just graduated medical school and is about to start his residency at a women's hospital in Chicago. Too bad Crumb was not being very cooperative...
Movement: As always, a ton until someone other than Wyatt gets near and then nothing.
Cravings: Honey Nut Cheerios & ice cream... always ice cream.
Labor signs: Have I mentioned that I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions? When I have one it looks like Crumb is being vacuum sealed in a Ziploc bag - you can definitely tell where he is hanging out because that side will be much larger than the other during a contraction. It's pretty funny looking.
Breakdowns: Ummm, I think I've been pretty good this week... Wyatt??
Belly Button: I think it is very close to surrendering completely. Depending on the time of day the top part sticks out more. My darling, dearest, sweet, honey-mustard husband told me the other night that it looked like a baby weenie... wonderful, not only do I have to deal with thighs the size of Texas but now I have a baby penis on my stomach. LOL, luckily that seemed to be only a one night symptom as the "baby weenie" has not made a repeat appearance.
What I miss: Being able to get vertical without needing assistance. I went to have my eyebrows waxed last night and when the sweet little woman (who is about the size of my right thigh, i.e. West Texas) started to wrap things up I started to stress about how I was going to get up and off the table. You see, I can't just sit straight up like I used to. My never fail "just roll off" method was not a good choice seeing as how the table was much higher than my bed or the couch which are the only surfaces I have practiced this method on. I couldn't likely ask this "definition of petite" woman to push or pull me up... so I started to panic. The moment came, "OK, all done." and my normal sigh of relief was replaced with with the thought of, "Oh hell, here goes nothing." If I could have gotten this on video I would have made a lot of money. In order to save myself as much embarrassment as possible I just figured I'd do what I had to do as quickly as I could. So, in true Will Ferrell physical comedy style, I attempt to pull my legs up and then slam them down quickly in rapid succession to build up enough of a rocking motion to propel my upper body into a sitting position. While attempting to do this I realize that it's not working so I also throw in my "just roll off" method and end up looking like a jacked up see-saw/weeble wobble that most certainly can fall down. I manage to get my legs over the edge of the table and practically throw myself onto Mrs. Petite who is trying her best to appear helpful while staying as far away as possible. After a lot of expelled energy and awkwardness I am up on two feet, paying my fee, and making a bee line for my car so that I can sit and laugh hysterically at myself in private.
Looking forward to: Taking Maternity pictures with Phoebe!
Milestones: Crumb is now a little over 16 inches long. He can now process information from all five senses—so he'll be all set to smell the pureed peas, taste them, feel them as he mashes them into his hair, hear me crack up and then see the flash as I grab the camera to snap picture after picture.
The good stuff:

No comments: