pregnancy

Sunday, May 31, 2009

30 weeks... Finally!

Sorry for the delay folks! It was a very busy week at the Horton house.
Here are the stats:
How far: 30 weeks
Weight gain: 25 lbs… possibly a little more but it’s just baby fat.
Baby weight: 3 whole pounds!!!
Stretch marks: Nope!! :)
Sleep: Ha! I get some sleep but with that sleep I get aching hips, tingling legs and ribs that feel like they’ve been in a vice for 4 days…. I love it!
Best moment this week: Getting my "place holder" wedding band since my rings no longer fit. Rocking in the glider talking to Crumb about his name… we’ve made a final decision… No, we are still not sharing so there is no need to keep asking.
Movement: Oh yes. As I told my Aunt Patty – his movements are more like waves that gradually build in intensity until I look down and my stomach has completely changed shape and there is a heel sticking out directly below my rib cage. He does still have a few of the big twitches… If he’s anything like his dad, he must be sleeping.
Cravings: Just a damn plain bagel…
Labor signs: Still having a lot of Braxton Hicks – if these are truly practice for the real labor then mine is going to be a piece of cake (and no, I am not naïve enough to think that is really true).
Breakdowns: Oh boy did we ever have a big one last Wednesday! Whew! Wyatt had to go do some additional training and so I was home alone for the night and I just heapy-sobbed all night. LOL, out of control!!
Belly Button: Still a little in, a little out. You can see the “out” part through my shirt now though… it makes me laugh.
What I miss: Sleeping on my back/stomach.
What Wyatt misses: most likely, sleeping in a bed that does not have 500,000,000 pillows on it.
Looking forward to: We are going to the lake this weekend with the K-9 group… I am looking forward to getting in the water and just floating.
Milestones: Crumb is almost 16 inches long! He can now open his eyes and distinguish between light and dark. What a smart little guy.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Congrats on the new baby (to come)! :D

I have to admit I've been reading your blog all the way back (blogging is far too addicting).

: )

Brandi