pregnancy

Thursday, May 14, 2009

28 Weeks!

Well, another week down! I can’t say that this week went by as quickly as the other weeks have… I just haven’t been feeling 100%. This thing they call sleep is becoming more and more elusive the bigger I get. I knew this would happen but it still doesn’t change the fact that I am a sleep kind of girl… I need it! It’s making me not feel so hot and emotionally, I just haven’t felt like myself. I’m easily annoyed at work, I’m not getting along with people I usually do, I cry at the drop of a hat… Whew!! What fun! Bottom line – it’s all worth it… assuming the people in my life can hang with me until I come out of this little funk. Crumb is doing great and moving more and more every day (unless there is family around that would like to feel/see him).
This past weekend was full of big happenings. My sister, Phoebe, graduated from college!! I am so proud of her I could pop (not that kind of pop!). She graduated with a photography degree and I just know she is destined for greatness. I can’t wait to see what she does.





















































The other big thing was Mother’s Day. This wasn’t a big day for me (although I do consider myself a mother in the making) but it should have been for my mom. However, with it being Phoebe’s graduation day, our celebrations of mom were put on the back burner. In thinking back over this I realized that this Mother’s Day really summed up my mom rather well. My mom - my tree-hugging, bad joke telling, best Charleston dancing, Obama loving, brain sharing, fast knitting, liberal hippie, book reading, Sudoku mastering, creative, unselfish, supporting, loving, funny, goofy, silly, brilliant, inspiring mom is the most amazing woman ever. Our whole lives she has happily (at least it seems to me) put herself on the back burner. What was important to her was only really important if it meant something to us, her children. I have been replaying pieces of my childhood/adolescence since finding out that Crumb was on the way, all the while trying to gather little tidbits of wisdom from this wise woman. There are tons of things that she gave me that I hope I can give to Crumb – I think though, if I can only master one of her many remarkable traits, I hope I can be as selfless as she is. I hope I can live my life for my children the way she has lived her life for us. I can think of no better gift from a mother to a child. I only wish there was a great enough gift to give back to this incredible person that I am lucky enough to call my friend – my mom.
So, Happy Mother's Day, mom. Thank you for being...













The Facts:

How far: 28 weeks
Weight gain: 25 lbs…. wow
Baby weight: 2.5 lbs
Maternity clothes: I am actually sporting a non-maternity dress today – thank you very much!
Stretch marks: Nope!
Sleep: Like I mentioned previously… I need it!!
Best moment this week: Watching Phoebe walk across the stage
Movement: Tons! Crumb even kicked Wyatt in the ear! He was trying to “hear the heartbeat” and Crumb gave him a nice swift kick to the head. It was pretty funny. You can definitely see the movements from the outside now. My belly looks like a bowl full of jelly sometimes when he’s really wiggly.
Cravings: Pancakes!! I might have to make some when I get home tonight!
Labor signs: Still having Braxton Hicks contractions but the doctors aren’t worried about them
Breakdowns: Plenty – I’m sorry family/friends… please hang with me!
Belly Button: It gets a little further out every day.
What I miss: sleeping, sleeping, and more sleeping
Looking forward to: 5:00pm Friday, Phoebe coming home, the pool opening
Milestones: Took my 1 hour glucose test yesterday – we should find out the results in 3-5 days. Crumb’s checkup went great and we got to hear his heartbeat again… I love that sound.

Here we are:















No comments: