pregnancy

Thursday, May 7, 2009

27 Weeks

Hello 3rd Trimester!!!
Wow, can you believe that we are in the final trimester? I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Crumb will be here in 13 weeks (give or take some days). As one of my emails said, "This is the point on the roller coaster where you throw your arms up in the air and wail like there's no tomorrow. Weeeee!!"

How far: 27 Weeks - 3rd Trimester!!
Weight gain: +20-23 lbs and proud of it (now)... I have gotten over my "Why does everyone look at me when 'Brick House' comes on the radio" complex.
Baby weight: a little over 2 lbs!! What a big guy!
Maternity Clothes: Oh yes... I am even moving up to the tents!
Stretch Marks: We're still holding strong!
Sleep: I had been sleeping well.. the past few nights have been a struggle for some reason.
Best Moment This Week: Watching my belly wiggle like jello. Getting the bamboo blanket that mom knitted for Crumb. My birthday celebrations. The Canes going up 2-1 against Boston. Surviving the "tornado". Officially signing up with a day care (that might have been last week).
Movement: Crumb is quite the wiggle worm. Right this very moment he is having his own personal dance party. I tried to get it on video but I don't think it translated very well. I'll keep trying.
Cravings: Orange juice. I went on a big ice cream kick but that has settled down. My birthday cake was a big hit.
Labor signs: Started having some Braxton Hicks contractions. Dr. brought me in just to check on everything and we got a clean bill of health. We are just practicing and plan to keep it that way for at least the next 10-11 weeks.
Breakdowns: Just a few random, "I think I'll go cry this out in private" moments.
Belly Button: The top has surrendered and is now enjoying life on the outside... the bottom has attached itself to my spine I think. He's not going anywhere... for now.
What I Miss: My Peedie Pie
Looking Forward To: Our first baby class (tonight). The Canes game (Fri). Phoebe's Graduation (Sun)!! Our next dr. appt (Wed).
Milestones: Well, we've made it to the 3rd Trimester!! Crumb can now open his eyes and make facial expressions!

27 week belly shots:



















No comments: