pregnancy

Thursday, April 30, 2009

26 Weeks!

Hello from the land of double digits!! We are now 98 days out from our official due date which my doctor likes to call, "the day I most certainly will not give birth" :)

This week has been a bit of a rollercoaster for me physically and emotionally. Crumb is busy growing and that is a wonderful thing but my ever-expanding belly is causing some back pain that has not been so fun. I've found some stretches to do and my wonderful husband gives me back rubs whenever I need them so I am doing much better. The crazy pregnancy hormones that you hear about definitely hit this week bringing with them random bouts of tears for no real reason. It's definitely an interesting experience to cry uncontrollably while your mind tries to figure out what's wrong. Ends up being kind of funny once the wave passes. We had a dr. appt yesterday and everything looked great. Crumb was really showing off for Dr. White - he even kicked him in the finger when Dr. White was trying to measure me. I heard his heartbeat again and it sounded great - about 149 BPM.

Here are the stats:
How far: 26 weeks
Weight gain: We are going to leave this blank this week. Let's just say Dr. White was not concerned at all and he still called me a "tiny little thing" which is why he is my favorite.
Baby weight: almost 2 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Oh yes, and my awesome neighbor just brought a huge bag full of maternity clothes to me!
Stretch Marks: Not on this cocoa-buttered belly
Sleep: Pretty good. I've finally mastered the pillow placement so now I'm only up for bathroom breaks.
Best moment this week: When Crumb kicked Wyatt so hard it made my dress move and made Wyatt's eyes bug out of his head!
Movement: Tons! He moves like crazy and you can definitely see it from the outside now. It's my very favorite thing. I wake up in the morning and he starts to wiggle and poke at me - we have a nice little morning moment every day. I love it! He has started hanging out on the right side of my belly and every now and then he will push a body part (I don't know which one) up right beside my belly button. It feels really funny from the inside and you can tell on the outside because one side is still squishy and then one side is really hard! I try to keep myself from poking it too hard in case it's his noggin! :)
Cravings: Orange Juice and ice cream w/ Reese's Magic Shell - not together but usually in that order. I chug the orange juice and then I have to eat the ice cream to calm the heartburn the oj gives me!
Breakdowns: Several this week... one for no reason, one over fabric swatches, one because of work, one because the nurse gave me a dirty look after I told her my weight, a follow up to the weight one when I got home because I was hungry, one because Wyatt got called out at 12:00 at night... ummm I think that might cover it.
Belly Button: I think it might pop any day now.
What I miss: There are thing I miss for sure but the reason for missing them is so much fun... I don't really miss them that bad.
Looking forward to: My birthday which is Sunday, finding out what Brandon and Jen are having, So You Think You Can Dance, our 28 week ultrasound...
Milestones: We're almost to the 3rd Trimester, Crumb's eyes are fully developed and he can hear and recognize our voices and react to sudden sounds.

And here are the money shots:




No comments: