pregnancy

Friday, December 30, 2011

Shame on me!

Shame on me, big time! I'm beyond embarrassed to see that i have not posted here in over a year and 4 months. Not to make excuses but I kept thinking I'd have a day where I could go back and catch up on everything but that day never came and more stuff kept happening and my catch up pile kept growing and growing and.... whew! I finially just decided to pick up where we are and maybe I can catch up as I go. If nothing else, I won't be getting any farther behind... right?
So, brief catch up - Cole is now a bit over 2 years old and as cute and smart as ever. He's a talking machine and has a sense of humor that could make even the most angry person bust a gut with laughter. Wyatt and I are amazed on a daily basis by him.

The other big news and the reason I kicked my butt to get back on here is.... we're having another baby!! We are 20 weeks along (I know, shame on me... again) and we found out a few weeks ago that it is another boy! :) We are thrilled and it's been fun watching Cole grasp the idea of having a baby around the house.

So, with that quick update, I thought we'd jump right into the 20 week pregancy survey. I'm kicking myself for not starting this earlier because it's be fun to look back at what I wrote while pregnant with Cole. Anywho, here we go:

How far along are you?: 20w 1d
Total weight gain: 1 lb (lost a little bit during the 1st Trimester since I didn't feel so hot)
How big is baby?: The size of a catalope! 10 inches from head to heel.
Maternity clothes: Definitely in Maternity pants but I've been able to squeeze into a few non-maternity tops still. I took myself on a nice maternity clothes shopping spree yesterday thanks to Christmas gift cards. :)
Stretch marks?: No new ones.
Sleep?: Honestly, I'm sleeping great. The problem is that I want to sleep all the time. Even after I get a full night's sleep I want to nap by 11am.
Best moment this week?: My mom was able to feel Nugget kick on Christmas! We also took Cole with us to our check up on Wednesday and he got to hear the heartbeat. He's been going around telling everybody, "Baby goes BOOM BOOM!!" It's so cute! Oh, and he turns his little mini-flashlight on and points it at my belly so he can "see" the baby. He chased our cat around the kitchen with the flashlight last night yelling, "JAKE!! Lemme see your belly!!" LOL.
Movement?: Oh yes. Just to catch up - I first felt him move on Thanksgiving Day. Wyatt felt him move around 19 weeks and now he just a rocking and a rolling machine. I feel like we've been able to feel him a lot faster than we were able to with Cole. I knew I'd feel him sooner because I'd know what to expect but I didn't think Wyatt and my mom would be able to feel him so soon. It makes me really happy.
Food cravings?: Not really. I've really been into salads which is not typical for me. I have been on a bit of a sugar kick though - I need to quit that though!
Food aversions?: Chicken and I have a love/hate relationship going on right now. Sometimes I have to have it and sometimes the thought of it makes me icky. Other than that I'm pretty good. If I go to long without eating though I get really icky feeling.
Labor signs?: No & let's keep it that way.
Belly button in or out?: Oh it's out and has been out for a while now. It's not so much like a solid, I'm out there because there is nowhere else for me to be. It's more like it has given up. Like it's thinking, "hmm, I'm getting pushed a little bit here and if I remember correctly, last time I lost... badly. Whatever, I'll just let go now." Cole thinks its a super fun button to push. He and his cousin Addison had a great time pushing my "button" the other day and making a "BEEP" noise when they did it. It had them in stitches!
What I miss: Beer. I didn't really miss it during my first pregnancy but oh how I have missed it this go round.
What I'm looking forward to: Getting started on Cole's big boy room
Milestone: Nothing huge this week. I've been off from work the whole week so it's going to be tough getting back into the swing of things next week.
Here's a recent shot of our sweet Cole baby. Isn't he squishable?!?






1 comment:

Oak City Books said...

Hey Cat! I'm glad to see you've updated your blog. It's fun to see your sweet family grow too! I am trying to do better again as well, I fell of the wagon and one week turned into the next and now I'm looking back at posts from before Seth was even walking. I'm vowing to do better. So exciting that you guys are expecting another boy ANYTIME. Looking forward to all the fun play-by-plays!