pregnancy

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Massage away...

So I went to get a pedicure this afternoon. I decided to try this new place out since they had just opened and were offering 20% off all services... yes please. I walked in and the nice lady at the front desk said, "Pedicure?" I said, "Yes, thank you" wondering if she could see how bad my toes were from the parking lot or if that was just her standard greeting. She then said, "OK, pick yo' color... I'll get you water." Wow, thank you very much. I had just sat down to wait when she said, "Ok, ready." She led me to the chair and I sat, she pulled the arm rest down and the turned on the massage function. All of a sudden this older woman jumped up from the pedicure she was giving down the row and came running over screaming (no lie, screaming), "NO MASSAGE!! NO MASSAGE!! IT MAKE BABY NERVOUS!!" the other lady and I both look at her rather startled - she is talking a mile a minute to the other woman in their language but I'm pretty sure I understood what was going on. The older woman looks at me and says, "When the baby coming?" I said, "Well if it were up to me, he'd be here already but my due date is tomorrow." Either she didn't understand my humor or just didn't find me funny... all I got was a blank stare. "When your baby coming??" she asked again. I said, "My due date is tomorrow." I saw it click right then and her face lit up and she said, "Oh ok, massage away!" and went back to her pedicure. I'm not sure if this is as funny on paper as it was in person (or when I reenact it) but I did my best. Oh, and I managed to get my eye brows waxed - got on and off of the table without hurting myself or the waxing lady. It was a big day.
Happy Due Date to us tomorrow. We'll post the picture/survey tomorrow... Wyatt just got home and I am not in picture form at the moment.
Love to all,

No comments: