pregnancy

Saturday, November 7, 2009

A big first!

Tonight was Cole’s first night away from us. My dear friends Ashley and Jeremy got married… in Charleston, SC! I debated whether or not to bring Cole and finally decided that it would be a really good thing for Wyatt and I to get out of the house and just have some us time. We dropped Cole off with my parents in the morning and then hit the road for the 4 hour drive to Charleston. The ride down there was so fun – just honest to goodness one-on-one time. I hadn’t realized how much I had missed that. The wedding was at the Doubletree Hotel in downtown Charleston and it was beautiful. All of the events were at the hotel so once we checked in; we didn’t have to go anywhere else. We walked around for a little bit, hit up the grocery store, and then went back to prepare for the wedding. The ceremony was totally their style, complete with 95% of the guests drinking beer during the ceremony! The reception was a blast and Wyatt and I tore up the dance floor. Cole spent the day with my family at my Great Uncle John’s Celebration of Life. Mom said he was a perfect baby and that everyone loved meeting him. I hate that we missed the Celebration of Life but I’m thankful that Cole was there to represent for us. We definitely missed him like crazy, but it was a very much needed moment for the two of us. Congrats Ashley & Jeremy!!

No comments: