pregnancy

Friday, November 20, 2009

Your Turn, Birdie...

Phoebe, my baby sister, moved to Puerto Rico a week ago. Thankfully, she has decided to keep a blog (your turn birdie) so we can follow along in her adventures. She's posted some pretty cool pictures too. I just wanted to share the link in case you're interested.
The title came from the same place her nickname came from... a wonderful woman named Floss. We used to do Thanksgiving with my mom's brother Dail, his family, and his best friend's family. Floss was Uncle Dail's best friend's mom. She was about 4'11 with shoes on and full of spitfire. This was a woman that could make you belly laugh just by being. She was definitely getting up there in age and so she was slightly hard of hearing (good luck trying to tell her that though.) Anywho... we got to the beach house the first year that she and Jim came and we were going through the introductions... My mom: "Hi Floss! I'm Marilyn, Dail's sister." Floss: "Well, hi there." Me: "Hi Floss, I'm Catron." Floss: "Huh? What was that?" Me: "Catron, but you can call me Cat." Floss: "Oh, ok! Hello Cat!" Phoebe: "Hi Floss, my name is Phoebe." Floss: "What'd you say? PEEDIE??" Phoebe: "No, no, Phoebe" Floss: "Oh, ok Peedie... like a bird or something!" Add in there the most amazing laugh. So that is where "Peedie" came from. Later in the weekend, while playing a raucous game of Spite and Malice, Floss informed Phoebe that it was her play by yelling, "It's your turn, Birdie!!" again, add in that contagious laugh and there you have it - the story of "Peedie" and "it's your turn, birdie." I realize this is only funny to my family but ooh was it funny!!
Miss you, Peedie!


1 comment:

phoebe fox said...

thanks for explaining the whole story!! i was meaning to on my blog but instead i am just going to copy and paste and give you some props!! i missssss youuu!!!