pregnancy

Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm a terrible mother!!

I snipped my poor baby's finger instead of his fingernail! The face he gave me is one I will see in my nightmares for the rest of my life. He didn't cry right away, he just looked at me like, "Momma, I don't know what you just did to me... but I really did NOT like it. Why would you do that to me?" Then he cried and cried and cried.... and I cried and cried and cried. Now some might say I'm overreacting - but I'm not. I realize it didn't bleed and he's not going to require stitches but I attacked my child with a baby sized guillotine! A guillotine that says, "Safety 1st"!!!!!!! Seriously?? I suck.
Thankfully, my precious boy has forgiven me. He even did another belly laugh for Jahbee and me. He laughed for almost 5 minutes! He's really getting it down now. I'm glad to know that our finger snipping accident hasn't scarred him for life.
I still feel like a terrible momma though!
Oh, that face!!! :*(

No comments: