pregnancy

Thursday, July 9, 2009

36 Weeks!!

We are in the home stretch! As of today Crumb has the green light from the doctors to come out and play. Now, as we all know, Moms and Dads trump everyone else so we are telling Crumb that he doesn't have the green light until next week at least. Really and truly though - whenever he's ready would be just fine with us. We can't wait to meet him. The nursery is really coming together and I will try to post pictures soon. I've been making lists like crazy so we'll have lots to do for the next little while. Here are the stats:
How far: 36 weeks!
Weight gain: I'd say we're close to 40 lbs ::sigh::
Baby weight: 6 lbs - that's serious!!
Stretch Marks: I got one... actually 2. Wyatt hasn't been able to find them yet (or at least he's doing a good job pretending) so I'm not too stressed about them.
Sleep: Oh, not so good... :( I think if I could stay home all day and just nap through out the day that would be really helpful... too bad that's not how it works.
Best moment this week: We had dinner with Ashley and Jeremy this week. It was so great to finally get together with them. We've also been taking lots of evening walks which gives us time to talk about everything - baby and non-baby. I love talking with Wyatt.
Movement: Oh yes! I've got knees and heels and elbows poking out all over the place. Crumb seems to be convinced that he can escape through my belly button.
Cravings: Lemonade!! We've gone through at least 6 pitchers this week!
Labor signs: The Braxton Hicks are still around. I have been having some real contractions since Tuesday night but nothing consistent.
Breakdowns: I think I've been doing pretty good lately... if you've heard differently from Wyatt then he's lying. :)
Belly button: Make the sound, "Whoooo"... right now... no, seriously, do it. My belly button looks like that... that's the best way I can describe it. It shows through my shirts and my friends thing it is really funny. I get a kick out of it too.
What I miss: Being able to find a comfortable position for sleeping, sitting, standing, etc. Being able to put my pants on without having to sit down first. Seeing my feet.
Looking forward to: Holding Crumb. The parade of Baby Showers that start on Saturday. 5:00 tomorrow.
Milestones: "Your baby continues to put on weight at about 1/2 pound each week. This layer of fat will help your baby regulate his body temperature after leaving your climate-controlled womb. In fact, your baby will be 15 percent fat at birth (and you ... well that's another story). Even in the womb, your baby can listen, feel, touch and see. The only thing separating him from living in the outside world is a little thing called the birth canal."
Other highlights this week:
-Crumb's gums are firm with ridges that look somewhat like teeth, though his actual pearly whites won't start breaking through until he's between three months and a year old.
-Crumb has definite patterns of sleep and wakefulness—opening his eyes while awake and closing them while sleeping. Crumb will become alert and turn his head toward light and sound just as a newborn would—except when I put on that Celine Dion CD. Then he puts his hands up, turns away and gurgles, "Oh no you didn't!"
-Crumb is now around 18 1/2 inches long and nearly 6 pounds—just about as big as a breadbox!

Here we are at week 36:

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I'm a big follower of your blog (though I seldom comment, bad follower bad bad). I am beyond excited for you. Babies just make me all goo goo ga ga lol : )

Congraaats on almost having him in your arms, finally.

Brandi