pregnancy

Monday, July 27, 2009

Seriously?!?

First of all, I have a confession. My name is Catron and I am a blog addict. It's not my blog so much as it is other blogs - especially other prego blogs. I'm learning that there are a lot of pregnant women like me who have also become blog addicts. Perhaps we should start a support blog... would that be counter-productive?
Anyway, I was reading one of the many blogs I check on a regular basis and this one had a quick little note celebrating a recent success at the doctor's office. This success (and more so the need for celebrating) got me thinking about some of the injustices of pregnancy. Now, I love this whole pregnancy deal, no I'm not smoking crack, I really have loved most of it. I have just noticed that there are a few things that are really out of whack (like putting an "s" in lisp). So here are 2 examples and perhaps they will explain why this post is called... Seriously?!?
Example #1: My blogging friend was celebrating another week of not peeing on her hand while collecting a urine sample. First of all, high five my friend, that is truly a feat worthy of celebration. My point is that it shouldn't have to be. Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to give a very pregnant woman a cup with a 2 1/2 inch diameter and tell her to pee in it?? It's a hard enough task when you're not pregnant but strap a watermelon to your belly and then try to "catch". Seriously?!?
Example #2: I've blogged about this before but it's worth repeating... since I hear it every day. "Sleep while you can." Again, I love my sleep. I was following this advice before I even knew it was advice. If it was possible to log sleep hours for later use I would be in seriously great shape! Unfortunately, you can't log sleep hours. If I knew how to do that and could bottle it up, I would be rich and would never have to work again and then I wouldn't even need my own invention. So until this invention is completed (don't steal my idea... unless you can make it work) we are all doing the best we can to get the sleep we need when we can. Now, when you have (as previously mentioned) a precious being the size of a watermelon in your belly, sleep becomes one of the hardest things to obtain (other than that pinky toe on my left foot). I'm getting off topic here... the point is... the last few months of pregnancy there should be this sleep bubble that surrounds you making it possible to sleep for at least 5 straight hours without peeing on yourself, losing all feeling in your hips/legs, or waking up due to back pain. This bubble does not exist. I understand that this is preparing me for parenthood but if that's the case then tell these "parents" to stop telling me to "sleep while I can." I'm PREPARING here!!! Seriously?!?
That's all I am going to get into here... thanks for listening! :-) As always, if you think I'm talking about you... I'm probably not... :)
Love to all,

No comments: