pregnancy

Sunday, July 26, 2009

38 weeks... sorry for the late post

I've been a complete blog slacker lately... I know, there is no excuse. It's not like I have anything else going on in my life - my apologies! :) There really hasn't been too much going on - just preparing for baby. I still have a ton of posts that I need to catch up on (baby showers, Ann Margret & Conrad update, etc.) but for now I'll just do my 38 week post and go to bed!
I'm going to skip the survey today and just roll with it...
HOLY COW!!!! We are 38 weeks. That means that we are only 2 weeks away from our due date (well less than that now that it's Sunday morning). I think I had my oh wow moment on Wednesday at the doctor's office. When I was checking out and making our appointment for next week the nice lady asked if I wanted to go ahead and set up the next one as well so that we could get the day and time that we needed. I said, "Sure, that would be great. We'll need either a Thursday or Friday appointment for that week." She then says, "Ok, that puts us at August 6th or 7th... ummm, wait a minute, that's your due date! Let's hold off on scheduling that appointment ok?" I think I said, "............... uhhuh" while nodding my head with Wyatt's help. It was just sort of a reality check that this little guy is going to be here soon - really soon. I can't wait.
Anywho - the doctor's appointment went great. We've made a tiny bit of progress - last week we were -2 station and just "thinning" (did I mention that I was really glad he didn't use the word "ripening"? That's just a deformality). This week we were 50% effaced (thinned) and at 0 station which means that we are moving in the right direction. Crumb is definitely head down and will stay that way until his birthday. While Wyatt and I were thrilled to hear that there had been some progress, I know we were both secretly hoping that the doc would say something along the lines of, "Why don't you guys run home, grab a shower and your hospital bags and just meet us in Labor and Delivery." Oh well, maybe next week!
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, (i.e. my ever expanding mid-section) Crumb is doing great. I can definitely tell that he has dropped - Wyatt can tell too. It's nice because I can breath and he's not kicking my ribs anymore but it can get a little uncomfortable at times and I pee all the time. I am not joking... all the time... I've already been twice since starting this post... ok just once but still. He is still moving around and I've been able to feel his feet, butt, shoulder, and elbow. I'm not a huge fan of his elbow at the moment. It seems to find the exact spot where my belly is in relation to the desk, counter, sink, whatever and that is where he elbow chops me - it's quite painful to have your belly slammed into a desk, counter, sink from the inside. However, I know that when this little elbow is out in the world, I am going to love it more than any other elbow ever.
Let's see, what else. Wyatt is so ready to meet this little guy. It is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. We danced in the kitchen last night while making dinner (I love that new Black Eyed Peas song "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night"), I sat on the ab ball, we went for a super long walk... all the while Wyatt is asking how I'm feeling and politely telling Crumb that he is so ready for him to come out. He has been the most incredible person through this whole thing. I thought he was pretty incredible before we started this journey but he has truly surpassed my expectations. I am the luckiest woman.
Ok, that's enough late night ramblings for now.
Here's what I know you all came to see... my gigantic belly piece.
Love to all... and good night!


No comments: